Thread: Ask me for your Custom Life Factor!!!

Smile Ask me for your Custom Life Factor!!!

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am available for making Custom Life Factors. I love to tinker around in SDS. If you browse around the SDS forum you can see examples of my work. I hope to ease a little bit of the workload from Dennis so he can concentrate on tweaking and improving SDS's platform

Feel free to respond in this thread (preferable) OR send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you.
    When making your request please be sure to include the following:

• Subject (ie: Marriage)
    • List of factors you want to track (ie: Compatibility/Affection/Communication/etc)
    • How you want those factors tracked (ie: numerical/image/text input/etc)

Please be as specific as possible to expedite completion so I might have time to help someone else too. Once your Custom Life Factor is complete you will receive a reply from me and you can then find it in the "Life Factor Central" forum. Thank you much!!!

Smile - Me

..` No Life Factors will be posted in this thread `..

Lightbulb New to Software as well as Disease - Need to track progress

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesjunk View Post
    Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am available for making Custom Life Factors. I love to tinker around in SDS. If you browse around the SDS forum you can see examples of my work. I hope to ease a little bit of the workload from Dennis so he can concentrate on tweaking and improving SDS's platform

Feel free to respond in this thread (preferable) OR send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you.

• List of factors you want to track (ie: Compatibility/Affection/Communication/etc)

Please be as specific as possible to expedite completion so I might have time to help someone else too. Once your Custom Life Factor is complete you will receive a reply from me and you can then find it in the "Life Factor Central" forum. Thank you much!!!

Smile - Me

I have a genetic disease HD, Huntington's Disease. It is rare enough and affects so few people, research dollars haven't been effective. Yet.

It is genetic, has discernible stages and is without cure or any drugs. It has always been fatal. It used to be known as CHOREA which is about loss of muscle control.

For the simplest description of HD, here is the national HD site:
    http://www.hdsa.org/about/our-mission/what-is-hd.html

I am involved in a new drug, triple blind trial. After starting treatment I need to keep a daily track of symptoms, other problems, colds, flu, injuries etc. Anything that might affect the follow up memory tests. Generally memory loss is common. I knew how I wanted to track the disease stages and that's how I discovered your software. It looks perfect!

In addition to the drug trial issues I need to track lifetime stages. At certain points I will need a caretaker who will presumably continue my HD diary as long as necessary. Meds, symptoms, doctors visits, notes, Rxs, pain management, other resources, outside care and hospice care.

I have plenty of information on HD and it's symptoms and diagnosis. If I can come up with a workable schema, this will be useful for thousan's of HD patients worldwide. So it is important for many reasons.

For example are there life factors for Alzheimers or Parkinson's? HD is not related to them but many symptoms may be.

If this is possible to do, I will be glad to devote whatever hours it takes to build help files, update research notes, whatever. This is a life ending disease for all of us. The more we understand the disease the better research can help.

Thanks for this great software. I will plug in whatever I can but hopefully we can jointly create a way to understand HD.

Sincerely,
    Robert (Bob) Snare
    Broomfiled Colorado USA

Hello Robert,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I'd be very interested to work with you on building up a set of Life Factors to track what needs to be tracked.

At the moment there are no dedicated Life Factor packs for neither Alzheimers nor Parkinsons, so we may be better off build it up from the ground up.

As a starting point, if you could please tell me (I'd recommend starting a new thread for this to keep things organized) a list of things that need to be tracked and how they are tracked (i.e. a number, a scale, text, etc...). That will be the base of the LF pack and I'll create one that we can then tweak and adjust as needed to make it work.
    Probably the smartest diary software on the market! Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SmartDiary and Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/smartdiary
    What do I do now? I'm one of the co-founders of KISA - check us out: http://www.kisaphone.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesjunk View Post
    Hey all,

Smile - Me

Yes, Please please help me?

I need to track info about myself similar to www.ChartMySelf.com. I do like that site but in comparison to SDiary, I much prefer the fact that my information for the SDiary app is only on my computer (rather than in an online database). Also, that site has "preset drop-downs" for supplements and other categories which simply does not work when I am using several health supplements which do not appear in the ChartMySelf.com "preset drop-downs."

Therefore, I would love to purchase and use SDiary because of the Life Factors feature for charting and analysis. However, may someone please describe what I need to do with Life Factors to accomplish my objectives? Please?

I just need to be guided as to the quickest way to do achieve my objectives in SDiary. I count myself as a quick learner and software savvy so I wouldn't need much of anyone's time, but I am in dire need of assistance. The overall SDiary feature set is more robust than I am able to grasp quickly and I just need to focus on the Life Factors aspect right now so that I can create them & make adjustments as I go along. I am struggling on my own to figure out how to use Create the Life Factors and though the forum is rich with info it is genuinely too lengthy to wade through for my timing needs. I must be able to track my health/medical data right away, it's become too overwhelming for paper notes or MSExcel spreadsheets.

As briefly as I can, allow me to describe what I need? I need to visually chart & track health/medical trends against one another for insight into areas to adjust or change such as:

VITALITY (Scale of 1to 10)
    Intellectual
    Relationship
    Emotional
    etc.

ACTIVITIES
    Sleep Duration (Hours)
    Sleep Quality (Scale of 1to 10)
    Sunlight Exposure (Minutes)
    Exercise Duration (Hours)
    Exercise Intensity (Scale of 1to 10)

CONSUMPTION
    Water (Number of 8oz glasses)
    Food (Already downloaded the Food Types Life Factor)
    etc.

SYMPTOMS (Scale of 1to 10)
    Headaches
    Depression
    Anxiety
    Cramps
    Back Pain
    etc.

THERAPIES (Helpful/Neutral/Unhelpful)
    Cold Application
    Heat Application
    Stretching
    Chiropractic Adjustment
    Massage
    etc.

SUPPLEMENTS (Range of 10mg to 4000 mg per Day)
    Multivitamin
    Trace Minerals
    Vitamin B12 Complex
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D3
    L-Theanine
    L-Tyrosine
    etc.

I am thinking I can create life factor "groups" but... after that step, I need a bit of help, more than what the LF Wizard or the software help guide provides.

Thank you, with hope for aid,
    Cherie
    Arizona, USA